Monday, May 31, 2004

hanging out with friends

Originally from an old server that is now gone. Reposted in September 2006.

on the edge of summer


Seth came and stopped by my "youth hostel" for a few more days but he left early this morning ... or its after midnight, so I guess, you could say he left yesterday. It was good to see him, I went with him and some other friends to a restraunt on the top of the tokyo metropolitan building. I hadnt ever really eaten somewhere that fancy before, they took our shoes for us at the entrence, and it was like on the 45th story or something, and our table was against the window, the floor of Shinjuku splayed out like burning dots of light. It was surreal, to me, those kind of things are like Nature in the city.... I mean, if you have ever hiked up a tall path and looked down at a falling waterfall cascading into a brilliant stream? Thats nature, right? Well, I think cities also have moments of "ooooh" transcendence, and I think thats too often forgotten. anyway... it was beautiful up there, near the sky.

Tonight, after work, I was going to go hang out with Yusuke and some of his friends, and I was taking the same train as one of my work friends Luke, so I invited him along and we all met and went out drinking. It was really fun for Luke I think because, Yusuke and his friends just spoke natural young Japanese, and Luke could have a chance to hear slang words he had studied before. Luke was doing a great job, just talking along with everyone, it was really fun, just hanging out, drinking and talking, across cultures (honestly, I still dont know a lot about Australian culture.. check out a picture of us drinking on my keitai page). After that we bought some big-beers at a convience store and walked to the park in kichijyoji. The night was perfect, it was still warm from the hot day, but a pleasent wind was blowing, and clouds were litterly rushing against the almost full moon. It was really pleasent mixed with my beer buzz. The park was littered with guitar players and people walking around talking, we finished our beers, and then each went our own ways...



03:16:00 | permalink | comments (4)


add a comment

Most things are pleasant when mixed with a beer buzz ; ) tee hee.
Steph


I think you need to say beer maybe 20 more times :)
Ted


when are you going to korea?
trench


That sounds very awesome man. Enjoy Japan!
Urth

 
All original content CC 2002-2012 BY NC SA - first design from dilarangmelarang altered by neonvirus and thunderbunny.