Wednesday, January 14, 2009

another year

So 2009 is here. Just another year until 10 years into this new millennium. Just numbers I suppose, but numbers add up and begin to weigh down on you if you think about it long enough. For new years, me and my cool friend Kayo got in a train and tried to go as far as we could possible go in one day. We used this special train ticket that Japan Rail gives that makes such endeavors economically possible. We got a little past Shizouka, to a small town called Toyohashi. Spur of the moment travel is fun, I gotta do that more often.

A few days after that my New Zealand friend came to visit. She's in Japan for a few weeks, staying at different friends houses and what not. She came by my place for a few days. It was my New Years holidays (sort of) and so I had some time to take her around and show her all the tourist spots. I wonder sometimes what pulls people to go to certain spots, isn't every place just another place? A cascade of light on our retina can be oh so thrilling I suppose.

I haven't updated pictures in awhile. Maybe mostly because my digital camera is crap. Well, it takes awesome video but weak pictures. I need a better digital eyeball to chronicle my fade into the abyss. Hmmm. If only money grew on trees, or camera companies gave out free cameras. Or I could plug y'all into my visual cortex. I'll work on that.


So yeah, there are 18 new photos up on my photo album, if you wish to have a photo snack. And even a video of a bashful Mt. Fuji hiding among clouds. Enjoy!

Oh. And you know? How about some random corporate love? Years and years ago I bought a cheap Cantonese learning CD from a company called EuroTalk. It's basically just a CD of colors and numbers, but its great fun. A few hours ago, I tried to put it in my new mac and the mac spat out a "classic applications" not supported error. I e-mailed EuroTalk and in less than 30 minutes (no joke!) they said they were sending me a free replacement CD with current application design. I guess I shouldn't fall in love with this company before I actually see the CD, but it seems at this moment to be some of the best customer service I have ever dealt with. Gold stars for everyone.
 
All original content CC 2002-2012 BY NC SA - first design from dilarangmelarang altered by neonvirus and thunderbunny.