Tuesday, May 20, 2003

hello world
I've recently realized that I'm really doing it. I'm really graduating. Wow. So here are my plans so far... After I graduate, maybe a week or two after.. about July 8th or so, I'll take an airplane to Korea...~~!

In Korea I'll meet some of the awesome people I met when I was at SWU's BIP exchange student thing. I will also try to meet my cool friend Uni. Also, I will try to hang out with Vicky and her friend (who is coming to Korea to visit her friend Yoonhi) and anyone else! I'll try to do that in about a week. Phew! Will I have enough time? So after that, roughly around July 15th, I will go to Japan. In Japan I will try to get a job as an English teacher. I will go to Japan on a tourist visa, and I will try to find a school who will sponsor me (let me get a working visa). One of my friends in Japan (was one of my illegal students about 3 years ago) told me about a job in Kanagawa.

That map should help those who don't know locate it on the map. (Although is it kinda wrong? I think maybe? but basically its right...) If I don't get that job (working at a preschool in Kanagawa) I'll have about 3 months more time, on my tourist visa, to find another job. I'll be going over with almost no money, so I think I'll be eating Onigiri (100YEN, about $1) very often.

If for some reason you don't know, Onigiri is a common convience store food in Japan (kinda like hotdogs or whatever at 7/11s here)... and I really like it! Why do I like it? Its cheap, comes in a million flavors, and it tastes good! Its basically seaweed (nori) wrapped around a triangle of rice with a surprize (if you cant read kanji~!) inside! Flavors include tuna (my favfav!), umaboshi (thats pickled plum), fish egg, meat, etc etc. Anyway, I love onigiri, and I'll be ok even if it will be such a simple meal. So onigiri and orange juice at 7/11 (yes its in Japan, its a Japanese company!) will cost me about 220YEN (US$2) so even though I must warn you to be careful trying to survive on such a small amount of food, it will be ok! I'll survive! yay! happy happy happy! wooo! uhmmm..

in other news, my weekend was awesome too. Friday hung out with priscy and polly and watched the orginal matrix (it was priscy's idea~~!) and slept on the floor over there.. Later I felt bad though, because I forgot about that I was suppose to hang out with Saks that day (he didn't get mad though, he's a nice guy!) and then on saturday I went out to lunch with Even and his friend Aaron (note to self: not the pirate guy and not the radio guy, someone else). Then I went to KappaKarnival and made some people at the CSA bubble tea booth make me a very unique flavor. I ordered Strawberry Mocha (it wasnt one of their flavors). It was really good! After that me and priscy & polly went to the Hawai'i Lu'a cultural festival thing. It was so awesome! They had real hula dancing, and this slap dance thing where these angry topless men slapped their nipples. (Nicky would have liked that one, and he shouldn't get mad that I said that! yah! slap dancing is fun! yay! hehehe)... it was all really cool though, and the food was amazingly good! After that I hung out with Yuka and talked about the mind. She's smart! And on sunday I was shocked to meet one of the people from the korean exchange student program, they were visiting bellingham. Her name is Sue, and Bored Girl had brought her over to see my messy room I guess. Oh and went to see Matrix 2with diego and trenchy and brendon etc.. ... , oh oh oh, and my radio show was so fun!! tons of new music, and we pretended robots were stalking us. Wow. Reading my entry, I now say I'm offically on crack. Thank you very much. You've now finished reading my pointless, weird, diary entry. Wooo. DAAG!

0 comments:

 
All original content CC 2002-2012 BY NC SA - first design from dilarangmelarang altered by neonvirus and thunderbunny.