Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Life and another day

This was originally posted on a different server, reposted for history in 2013.

.

.

thoughts or something like that

.

.

I have been living, working, existing. (surprize?!) A few days ago, I saw a friend I hadnt seen in about 2 years. We met in Ikebukuro, after my work. My friend, Horikoshi, looked a little different to me... of course time changes people, but it was really good to see her. We went to a cafe and just talked about how Bush is stupid and other topics like that. Horikoshi bought me a sandwhich and stuff and then we had to each leave, we each had to get on our trains before it was too late.

.

.

Diana is leaving Japan soon, she decided to quit her teaching job... So I was hanging out with her yesterday in Kichijoji, and she decided to get her hair dyed and stuff. That takes a lot of time, it was going to take about 5 hours to do it, so I walked around by myself... for about an hour I walked around in a really relaxing park. There park had a huge lake that I wandered around, on the far side was a small hill with plum trees in blossom, it was softly beautiful. (I took a few pictures of it, most are on my Korean page, but you can see 2 of the good ones in my day-to-day Japan album.)

.

.

After walking around the park, I walked around the city of Kichijoji, and suddenly I remembered it was the first of the month. That meant that movie tickets were cheap, so to kill time I went to Lord of the Rings (its a 3 and a half hour movie after all!) ... it was a fun movie I guess, although it had a lot of holes in the story, unexplained things that confused me... but I guess those are in the original too... I did enjoy it though, but I couldnt help wonder about those kind of battles... how would you know who the enemy is? Too many people fighting! That was a half-thought brought to you by me. What?

.

.

Oh before I forget... me and Yusuke plan to go on a vacation in a month. We had this cool plan but now he is saying he dosent have enough money for that... so I guess I should wait to say the plan until its final... but I'm excited!

.

.

Anyway... time to go and clean my room. Its messy.

.

.

SAMPAI JUMPA LAGI !!

.

.

I still haven't gotten the time to see The Lord Of the Rings. . . NO FAIR! Amber

.

.

That's a great park. I spent many hours there. Pretty soon every one of those trees around the pond will have cherry blossoms. I will probably miss it. I want to go to some hanami parties this year! The plums are starting to bloom in B'ham too. It's almost spring! Aaron

.

.

hope you read this Trench... *boku* is totally not rude, in fact often its humble, so dont be affraid to use it.. however, syrinx should be discouraged from using it, since in sexist japanese it has male sounding qualities. women can say *atashi* (however over use of *atashi* can be odd, something like ultrafemine or some such) ... on a side note I WOULD LOVE TO DISCUSS this in my superfunky BBS made JUST FOR THIS kind of conversation, its on my JAN JAN JAN page, click on the "do it here" link near the bottom and lets begin learning Japanese! ya ya! if thats too annoying, here is fine too. ^.^;; ..I did make that BBS for sharing thoughts with yall though!! dansen

.

.

Ok...question...is Boku rude? As in Watashi wa etc... could I not just say Boku wa or is that too informal? Loosing my mind learning Japanese. Boku wa hetta Gaijin desu. Trench

.

.

Nice photos, very well composed. I'm jealous of your kick ass camera! Diego

.

.

I like the new orange side bars! Steph

 
All original content CC 2002-2012 BY NC SA - first design from dilarangmelarang altered by neonvirus and thunderbunny.