Monday, August 09, 2004

summer sonic 2004!

08/09/2004
Originally from an old server that is now gone. Reposted in September 2006.

and my crazy 'hood


The battery on my digital camera (oops, was I supposed to not bring that into the festival??) died because I took a lot of pictures and sound, so I cant upload anything that I took of the music festival yet, maybe later, but I thought I would give a taste of what it was like... here is a collection of a few of the artists that me and kayo saw... I added their names to the offical pictures (which are maybe better than anything I took anyway) and present them here:

not orginal photo, reuploaded from cyworld backup. click to see full size

Jurassic 5 was great, a nice show, good lyrics and nice beats... N.E.R.D. won my award for most amounts of chrisma oozing off any of the bands there... and N.E.R.D. was cool, being the typical tempermental rock band, quitting in the middle of old hiphopish songs they didnt want to play anymore ("I just wanna rock!!" in the lead singer's words...) and doing strange covers of old songs by other artists... Schadaraparr wins the award for best audience interaction.. but maybe because they were Japanese and could speak with the auidence... they were really funny, and had some good songs. Beastie Boys finished the show... we ran from a small stage (where we had seen Schadaraparr) and back to the stadium... it was full.. the people undulating in waves, pulsing, wanting.. it was surreal.. . a big welcome for the Beasties... their concert was ok, for old dudes... the fact is they are kind of old and they got kind of tired, but they tried their hardest, and it was pretty good! Anyway, thats all from the Summer Sonic 2004 report for now...



In weird news... when I was going to work the other day, another train-jumper increased the sad number of people, on my train line, to 2 while I've been here. And then that evening I saw a big group of police scrambling up the steps at my station. They stopped an old man from buying a ticket and were saying something about how he 'did it' and they confiscated a nasty-long knife, wrapped in a bag, from his bag. Damn scary.



Anyway, thats all for now. "This brain was made for sleeping. And thats just what it'll do. " Uhm.. I'm tired. Thats all.... waaaaa... DAAG!



02:05:00 | permalink | comments (5)


add a comment

The Beastie Boys came here once and I remember some guy I knew saw Ad Rock in the street and said, "Hey, I'm sorry if I'm bothering you but can I get your autograph" and he said, "Well, don't!"
Tanya


hey, i still cannot find the kimchi-natto maki thing you were talking about at your k-tai diary ! where did you find it??
kayo


Hey dansen. I still read your blog. I just don't allways comment. :)
Ted


The Beastie Boys aren't that old--they're probably all still in their thirties. That's a little age-ist! Maybe they just kind of suck now, that's all.
Steph


Cool pics! I've been a fan of Jurassic 5 for a while now, they have some great sounds with that old hip-hop turntable style and different MCs jumping in and out of the song. They are really cool! I actually enjoy most of their songs and am now officially envious of you, yo!

Cool!
Diego

 
All original content CC 2002-2012 BY NC SA - first design from dilarangmelarang altered by neonvirus and thunderbunny.