Thursday, April 03, 2003

Life keeps rolling

This isn't really a super exciting diary entry. In fact, its kind of boring maybe. But I don't care. The point of having a diary is to keep track of whats happening, right? ^^; And I don't really want this to be a list of who I've hung out with... but sometimes its fun to mention some of the people that have hung out with me!
(L to R)Young-min, Yeun Kyong and Sua were having a pizza party with me the other day. (The animation is kind of low quality, but its really funny I think!) It was fun, and we watched a Korean movie and some of us (including me) were drinking (mike's hard lemon aid, khalula & milk, and tequila & orange juice) so I got kinda silly... but who cares! After Sua and Yeun Kyong went home (Young-min is still staying with me, he hasn't left America yet..) Shunsuke surprized me by stopping by while I was sitting on my messy floor. We talked for awhile, thinking about having a Jackass party or something, and then he went home. For some reason I don't remember when but I hung out with Polly, Priscilla, Braint, and King Yao. I haven't uploaded their pictures, but that was a good Cantonese learning experience. We ate dinner and played Uno.. in Cantonese, (HONGSEI~!) which helped me try to memorize more color names. My thoughts are coming in fragments. I guess we also were drinking then too.

I've been thinking about how I hope to graduate soon. And then I'll go off to Japan and maybe live in a small 1DK or something. Time for a quick Japanese culture lesson. Appartments are small. (kinda like the one I'm leaving in now) And I've noticed the ones sold to non-Japanese in English are sold for way more per month ($2000+) compared to almost the same ones sold in Japanese for Japanese ($700+) .. am I wrong about that? Also.. what is this 1DK, 2LDK thing? the first number is the amount of rooms, and then the letters are the names of the other kinds of rooms. L is living, DK is dinning/kitchen. It works like that. Alot of appartments expect you to entertain guests in your "bedroom" because you'll have a pull out futon bed. Roll it away when your not using it and welcome people to your room, roll it out when its bed time. Thats almost my setup now, but for some Americans this might be culture shock? I'm not sure. Right now I'm waiting for Shunske, he said he was coming to meet me and talk.. but I guess he's not coming. Hmmm. SAMPAI JUMPA! ^^

0 comments:

 
All original content CC 2002-2012 BY NC SA - first design from dilarangmelarang altered by neonvirus and thunderbunny.