Monday, June 16, 2003

Weekend update!

OK, lets start my update with information about my graduation because we think that graduation is an important stage in life. I'm not sure why we think that, but..... Main campus graduation; woke up early, too early. Crawled out of bed and walked to campus. The sun was sharp in my eyes, but the warmth hadn't quite got to earth yet so I was cold in the morning air. It was weird seeing family members "on my turf" (for those of us learning english, that means "in my area" or like a place that felt like it belonged ) ..walking around where I have had classes forever. Nakayama came late and I quickly introduced her to my mum and ran to line up with the other graduates. So those who have graduated before will know how silly it is. You put on a flat square hat and a long black "dress" and your supposed to feel special, I guess. But the funnyest part is that they give you these cards with your name, and your suppose to give them to the speaker and thats how he knows who you are, so he can call your name when your graduating. Factory graduations! wooo! But ok, heres my evil part. I knew that this was the system. So when I was filling out the graduation form they asked on the form "How do you want us to pernounce your name?" and I wrote "Dansen Baka Waters" and ok, if you don't know, BAKA means IDIOT in Japanese... so, I'm sitting down in the gym with the random thousands of other graduates, and I was feeling really kinda strange. Kind of like "What is Education?? What do I have now that I didn't have before?" My mum and Nakayama were waving from the seats and I was just sitting there. Sitting there swimming in time. Anyway, I get up and walk towards the man reading everyones name, a smile jumps through my mind and hangs on the edges of my lips. I hand him my card, he hesitates, and reads loudly "DANSEN BAKA WATERS" and my smile exploades all over my face. I was done, I was graduated, I was on my way. But it was more than that, I controled my reality and made the guy kinda swear in Japanese. Woohoo! Thats something to smile about, huh? YAAAAAAAAAY!

After graduation I took pictures with my awesome family, reletives, and ran away to Fairhaven graduation. I didn't think about it until I was already there, but why didn't I just ask them to go too? Although the second graduation at the Fairhaven department was super long (5 hours or something~!) so maybe it was better they didn't go to that one. That graduation was funner though. Instead of silly strange HarryPotter looking graduation clothes, people were just dressed in real clothes (although a lot more fancy than mine!) and some people were really weird... one guy dressed in a space suit, and stuff. And some teachers sang instead of introductions and everything that made it feel really "Fairhaven-ish" ... I'm going to miss that place, all them crazy people!! ^^;; After graduation I was going to hang out with a lot of the CSA people (who took me and others up to Canada for a goodbye party last Thursday, that was so nice of them! Good times!) and go to Karaoke again, but they left before I got done with the graduation, so I went and hang out with silly Yuka. I tried to show her that crazy FTP stuff, its confusing, but computers are fun! yay!

Today I had the very last Japan Radio show... Its been fun! Nicky (he was my co-host on the radio show years ago when I first started) came in and talked on air with me. It was a memory trip, and it was fun. Nicky took crazy pictures of me, for example, jumping off of the top of the CD storage libary file cabinet. Woohoo! hehe.... I got actually more requests than I expected, but I had given most of my CDs to even because I want him to keep doing my radio show some other time. My time here is done, its now time to do other things. ,,,...,,.. SAMPAI JUMPA!

0 comments:

 
All original content CC 2002-2012 BY NC SA - first design from dilarangmelarang altered by neonvirus and thunderbunny.