Monday, March 17, 2003

Ladies and Gentelmen, and now for an annnouncement...!

»ýÀÏ ÃàÇÏÇØ~! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEUNG ONE!


S.O. is having a birthday on the 19th, this is a little early but... HAPPY BIRTHDAY CUTE S.O. YOUR SILLY! (the text on the animation is Japanese for "happy birthday".. actually, "congrads!")

Saturday was cool. I hung out with Nakayama and we met Minako (who I hadn't seen in months) with Akane and we all went to the American-style Mexican resturant downtown. After that I went to Ryu's birthday party... that was interesting... started out with a lot of people playing chess (really!) and I met the young guy from Nicky's early version of the Hamster Report TV show (karate segment) it was interesting to see someone who I had seen on a TV show, well, a TV show that hadn't made it but... he was a cool guy, none the less, maybe Nicky can sneak that segment into his new show? Eventually a lot of people started drinking and getting crazy (Although I'm proud of myself, I didnt drink anything! ^^ ) ...it was a lot of Americans who thought they knew stuff about Japan and Japanese but who didn't really know as much as they thought (I'm sure me included!)...Actually, at the party I did a very geeky thing! ^^;; I was walking around and I saw a book about Ethopia, and I started reading it. The book was all about Ethopia, and it brought out some interesting facts. Although Ethopia wasn't ever really "colonized" by a European power, it did its own colonizing of other African areas (like when it annexed Eritrean territory in 1962) ... It made me wonder if society has a "be the oppresser or be oppressed" attitude.. it was a weird thought that I'm still thinking about. The party was interesting though. Sunday I did my radio show and it was crazy, tons of calls. Apparently there is this freaky punk music band from japan who came to bellingham for the last month and they have been causing chaos and tons of people like them, so people where calling about that. Made the show wild... would be cool to get that band in for an interview or something! And after all that, Priscilla took me to dinner at the commons tonight. It was nice of her, good food and I met a lot of people I know! yay! ALSO! A word to the wise... Vicky has a really cool blog. Wanna know what its like to live in Japan? Read her blog. Anyway, I need to go study now. peace! SAMPAI JUMPA! ^^; ...

0 comments:

 
All original content CC 2002-2012 BY NC SA - first design from dilarangmelarang altered by neonvirus and thunderbunny.