Friday, July 04, 2003

keitai = cellphone, plus thoughts

Make sure to pay attention to the above vocabulary lesson. Keitai is the Japanese word for cellphone, I like using it better so I will. ... No one seems to have visited my site, but like a faithful blogger I will keep posting my silly thoughts.

my shiny red keitai
Its a fun little toy. Left picture, of course, is the front. Notice the full color display (of course) and the menu scroll ball thingy below my thumb. (if you want to see a close up of the screen click there to see an almost actual size picture.) The right picture is the back. The round thing below the square is the camera, the square above that is the secondary color display for the picture of the person calling. (Go here to see a cool example picture of me using the keitai camera to take a picture of kayo using her computer.) ...! Why so much detail about a stupid chunck of plastic?? I dunno, someones gotta do it. Its kinda fun...!!

Tonight I hung out with Taro in Shinjuku (I destory the kanji meaning by translating it too litterly as 'newhotel') ... we just walked around. It amazed me, I think its sinking in again. I'm inside of the Tokyo Bubble again. The Tokyo World, the Tokyo Zone, the TokyoTokyo. How do I say it? People swirling around me, huge signs crawling up buildings, advertisements everywhere, keitai phones ringing, people talking, moving moving. I've seen it all before, a lot, but I wont ever get over it I think. One of the many many american countryside gaijin (foreigner) people to feel this way, no doubt. but I'm in awe, it feels good just walking around on the dirty streets, the warm after-hot-day humid air of the evening blowing into my nose. Me and Taro stopped at a telephone box (said this way in japan, instead of 'telephone booth' like we normaly say in the usa) and I tried to call a few AUAP friends from last year (Yohei, Hiromi) but they weren't available. After walking around with Taro for a long time, just talking, walking, talking, we met Kayo after work. We all went to a 24hour post office to mail out my growing pile of postcards...then we went to KFC (or 'kentakii' as its know here) and had dinner. another day in the city... if I get my job my life will most likely be simple and basic just like that, but I'm already smiling. Its good enough for me. DAAG!

on a side note, a love the instantness of the cellphone camera. heres downtown shinjuku at night:

.... (( dont forget to put your comments on this entry, click add/read comments to your left! ))

0 comments:

 
All original content CC 2002-2012 BY NC SA - first design from dilarangmelarang altered by neonvirus and thunderbunny.