Wednesday, July 09, 2003

NOVA job interview and running out of money



LOTERIA
For some reason I got it into my silly head that people would enjoy seeing a non-American (this ones from Korea---!) version of McDonalds in Japan.... its Loteria Hamburgers! (L comes before M!) Same colors, same cheap marketing. If you want to try orginal Japaense fast food I would recomend somewhere like Mos Burger, they have freaky flavors! (I ate a Nachos & Ground Beef Naan [indian bread] flavored thingie the other day when I was hanging out with kayo,.... its for sure a flavor you dont get in a lot of fast food places!)

On to the big news...NOVA called and set an appointment for a job interview this friday afternoon (my time). Quick refresher for those who don't know: NOVA is a chain English teaching school, students come in for small group lessons, but its not exactly a "classroom"... anyway, I was nervous because I don't have a suit (and don't normally wear one) but the guy setting things up suggested I be wearing something nice ('the proper attire' I think he said---!) so today Taro helped me go get some really cheap blue suit pants, a gray shirt, and a tie. Its not a full suit, but maybe it should be enough... (and it CUT a HUGE section of my money away, about 5000YEN, which was actually a good deal considering a lot of suits could cost atleast 19000YEN or something.) Anyway, if I don't get the NOVA job... I have almost a suit to wear to other interviews. If I get the job, part of the requirement is flying to Korea! It will be awesome to go to Korea, even if its just a couple of days to get my working visa at the Japanese embessy there. (although I'm worried I don't have enough money to fly there, and I think that would be my expense not theres)

Enough about work and stuff! Lets close off with a silly trainstaion advertisement. Can you guess what for?
PINGU!
If you said, 'DENTIST!' I think your right... if you said, 'a clean zoo', your either silly or wrong. Hmm. Yeah. Thats all from Japan for now I suppose, thanks for all the comments guys! SAYA PAYAH! DAAG!

0 comments:

 
All original content CC 2002-2012 BY NC SA - first design from dilarangmelarang altered by neonvirus and thunderbunny.