Monday, July 07, 2003

tokyo tower and onigiri, and big keitai pics!

click for a cooler bigger picture
click this picture for a bigger, better, picture

Today I went to Shinjuku to look for clean pants for my job interview. I never got pants, but I ended up walking near Tokyo Tower... which I refer to on my Japanese diary as [translated] 'an orange colored clone, of the effiel tower' (heh heh) and thats basically what it is. It was designed as a communications tower, although shapped so much like its effiel sister, and I heard that its actually being phased out of communication radio signal use (still used as a tourist place though, for sure!). The tower is next to the Russian embessy, which seemed to be under security lockdown because of the suicide bombings in moscow. There was a police man standing on top of a van watching the intersection, a big armored bus on the other intersection, and infront of the embessy all the guards looked a little tense. Good to know they're ready I suppose.
I also took this useless, but fun for me, picture:
uesless flower
There wasn't any reason for this picture, I just like it. (Talking about useless photos, I suppose its time to mention my 'personal webpage' .. although it isn't done, its almost done. And today I added a funny, totally useless, toilet sign picture to my main english page---!) Hey, wanna see a picture of Onigiri. my favorate cheap food? (I took this picture today---) Notice the blue one on the right... litterly translated as 'Sea Chicken Mayonese' it is Tuna mixed with Mayo flavor....mmmm! so good! Notice also, the small 'AMPM' above the name? Its from AMPM, the same chain of conveience stores over in america...

densha no naka
And no, my keitai (once again, thats Japanese for cellphone) didn't suddenly grow the ability to take huge photos... todays photos are brought to us by the digicam I borrowed (stole?!) from Kayo. I felt like taking pictures, but haven't got a camera yet... (and although my keitai's camera is fun, its expensive to always use it!) ...
ooo ooo! Recently, I've been a good little blogger... updating my diary really frequently. Once again, add some thoughts up there to your left... if your reading, you might as well let me know what you think. Anyway, thats all for now. PEACE is found in you mind. (( Oh and also of note: I decided I should nock downb my 'emotion' icon on your left, from 'excited' to 'happy' ...!!?! ))

UPDATE: Just got one of my pictures back, and found out my keitai can actually take fairly big pictures. This was taken from my keitai phone:
big keitai pic!
I can remember this... it was right behind Tokyo Tower, I accidently found this shrine in the middle of the city. It was a park, with a big temple, and they were building buildings in the background. These three old ladies were talking in the evening breeze, and birds were making a havoc around us. ....anyway... SAMPAI JUMPA!

0 comments:

 
All original content CC 2002-2012 BY NC SA - first design from dilarangmelarang altered by neonvirus and thunderbunny.