Saturday, July 26, 2003

working, nova & new webpage sections

So this nice lady Kan asked me (Yoshiko introduced us) to help teach some kids English last Thursday. It was fun, the kids had so much energy! They didn't have a lot of English skill, but me and some other native speakers (the rest were students here in Japan, I think) taught and played with them for awhile. I really enjoyed talking with this one guy, Jerome I think, who had been in Japan for awhile and was now working on his Masters degree in Japan. When I met one of the other teachers, my mind was like "ohmygod! I know him!" but I told myself how could I know someone I met randomly all the way over here in Japan? After teaching was over, we were all talking and it turns out that he went to my school in America, WWU, and I figured out I had met him breifly before. Weird, huh? (This happened before when I was with Nakayama in Roppongi and she recognized someone she had never talked to that went to WWU... isnt it strange?? meeting people from such a small place in such a big place!)

I've been spending the last few days hanging out with Taro and staying at his place. We just sorta sat around and talked (and he played Tetris on my keitai, but he couldn't beat my score! ooo!) and we met Tatusya one day. We went to this resturant in Shibuya, and because of that I decided to make a new mini-webpage called EAT.TOKYO (link on the sidebar, to your left too) ... Right now I only have that one resturant on there, but maybe soon I'll have lots of places listed on there. And while I am mentioning pages I've made (I'm over productive, no one cares Dansen! no one cares!) I also made the beginning of a Japanese language thingie. Think about it as "learn Japanese while viewing Dansen's blog" kind of thing. Although this lesson is more to scare people into learning Katakana... anyway, learn Japanese - lesson 1 .. check it out!

And the biggest news right now... NOVA called today, and they said that I have the job!! So if everything works out, I should be teaching soon. Some of my friends have complained that NOVA is like "fast-food style teaching" and maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but I just need to start working, and I really miss teaching...! So I can't wait for it all to start! Although wearing a suit thing everyday will be funny. If I understand correctly NOVA is kind of a hardcore work schedule, 5 days working, and then 2 days off... cant take off Japanese holidays, and the only vacation off is new years, plus 5 days out of each year or something. But whatever, its work, and I'm happy. (I wonder if my mood will change with the future?)

So anyway, I'm alive. Looks like everything is working out... and besides having more than 12 weeks until my first paycheck and less than 120 bucks in cash... other than that, I'm fine! Everything will be ok, don't worry, be happy, as its said. Blah, blah, blah. SAMPAI JUMPA!
this smile face looks like yukA! hahaha

0 comments:

 
All original content CC 2002-2012 BY NC SA - first design from dilarangmelarang altered by neonvirus and thunderbunny.