Tuesday, July 22, 2003

No calls from Nova...

So the English conversation school NOVA said they would call me back, but so far they haven't. I really wanted to have my next post here be good news, but no luck. Nothing really good to say, just silence from NOVA. ... NOVA is actually starting to frustrate me. I'm slowly running out of money & time, but hopefully I'll find somewhere to work soon. I really do like teaching, and I hope I get the chance!!

In other news... MfOP is an awesome peice of net-software that I found that allows me to connect my keitai (remember! that means cellphone!) to the internet, so I can now update a diary from anywhere live--with pictures and text! Click here to see that diary, theres also a link to your left. Right now I don't have a lot of posts, just a picture of my Anman doll thing, and a picture of when I hung out with cool Diana in Shinjuku. (We walked around and went out to eat some yummy Takiyaki [friend chicken on a stick] ... I owe you Diana!!) I think posting to the net live is cool, although a lot of people I've told have only said 'oh thats cool' kinda quietly...!?! I must be a gadget-freak! It costs about 20 cents for each picture sent to the diary, and because I'm not working right now I don't think I'll update the page that often... but after I start working I think I will make it a daily picture from Japan kind of thing! Yay!

In other techno-web news, I have a kinda 'arty' web photo album now! For a few days I borrowed kayo's digicam and took some weird pictures at night. The page is in Japanese, so read the instructions carefully, and then click the small picture of the chochin (latterns) on the right:

Read this! . / . this is the chochin
Talking about that, Kayo is going to Fuji Rock Festival for two days this weekend. Thats this HUGE (the Biggest!) out door concert (think Woodstock X 10) that is held each year. Its going to be so wild, tons of bands and tons of crazy people. Some of the bands (just the ones I recognize when I look at the poster) include: Ben Harper, Bob Weir & Ratdog, Macy Gray, UA, Underworld, Back Drop Bomb, Bjork, Coldplay, Godsmack, Iggy Pop, Kemuri, The Mad Capsule Markets, Primal Scream, Asian Dub Foundation, blodthursty butchers, Dirty Vegas, Elvis Costello, and Keruri. (and tons more I dont quite remember right now!) I think it would be so awesome to see ANY ONE of these bands, but seeing a lot of them at the same concert would kickass! (For example, I've always thought UA's music was cool, and Ratdog is the new band of one of the Greatful Dead people, and Ben Harper can be an interesting band sometimes, and Macy Gray is awesome, and Godsmack, although annoyingly pop sometimes, knows how to rock it, and I am a tottal fan of Kemuri's awesome ska-punk, and Keruri (dont get mixed up!) alternative rock vibes, Costello has my respect, Dirty Vegas is the techno band from that one car comerical in the usa so it would be interesting to hear their other stuff, Mad Capsule Markets is just awesome techno-metal and and and (etc!!)... I could go on forever! I have a very wide range in music tastes, so mm anyway! lots of stuff there that would be awesome!) So yeah, the moral of the story is, if your ever in Japan atound the end of july, and you have tons of extra money (all three days with out the transportation, just to get in, cost about $400! Sounds totally expensive unless you know that a normal concert for just ONE famous person, in Japan, can cost almost $100!!) you should go check out Fuji Rock! ...

Tonight I met an AUAP student that I met last year in America. Hiromi (at that time Yohei was my AUAP campus buddy) and I just walked around looking at things, and talking (maybe 60% Japanese, 40% English?) and took a purikura (sticker picture thing) ... we were standing in front of this busy road and this weird drunk guy walked up about 3 feet behind Hiromi and just started peeing! It was kind of gross, and it smelled bad, so we left... but I thought it was really kind of funny-shocking. Tomorrow I will go help my friend's friend teach kids at a language camp, I will also meet Taro! I haven't seen him in a couple of weeks I guess, so it will be fun to say hello! Well, its time for me to go sleep or something... leave your comments, let me know what ya think! TEMAN SAYA, SAMPAI JUMPA! o.o

Its now about 3:30 in the morning and I just told myself I should really go to sleep!! really! but I remembered that the other day I had been sitting on the floor late at night, and the ground had shook, swayed, like a small earth quake. It was kind of creepy, slightly, but when I mentioned it to my friend, they just said "oh, thats been happening a lot recently..." thats suppose to make it feel less creepy?? Anyway... life is alive, my mind is clogging up, need sleep. DAAG!

0 comments:

 
All original content CC 2002-2012 BY NC SA - first design from dilarangmelarang altered by neonvirus and thunderbunny.